Partition size given is too large...

Running ZENworks 11.1a, SLES 11

A few weeks ago I created a Win 7 Pro image, from an HP OEM syspreped laptop, ProBook 4530s. It worked fine on the three laptops I imaged the next day, but now the image won't take. I get the following error when imaging: "partition size given is too large (not enough space on the drive)." It created a 297 Mb partition and a 3XXGb partition. I tried erasing all partitions with ZENworks, same problem. I also tried making a single large partition, activating and assigning it; the image took, but the system rebooted with a can't find winload.exe error, (working from memory). Is there something I need to do with ImageExplorer?

The OEM setup has 4 partitions on a 360Gb drive. No, I don't have a Win7 disk, can't get my boss to buy even a few vol. licenses we currently need.

Tags:

Parents Reply
  • Shaun, your idea with imaging update was the right one ;).
    Normally we are updating bios automatically via the "dell command update utility". Unfortunately, the utility on the Latitude E6430 said that the already installed Version "A16" for the "Dell Latitude E6430" is the latest one. Now i checked the dell support website again to be sure and evoila: There is a newer Bios "A18". So i downloaded the Bios-Update manually as an exe-installer, did an bios-update on the problem-notebook and now the imaging works perfectly ;)
Children