New Bundle Ver. Published Not Included on Satellite Server

Hello
Does anyone know of any reason why a bundle would suddenly become unavailable on some satellite servers? I recently made changes to a bundle whose content was included on all primary and satellite servers. I published the new version then all of a sudden, the content wasn't available on some satellite servers. We have 14 satellite servers set up and only 7 of them were checked off as "Included" after I published the version. The problem was easily resolved by manually checking off and including the other 7 satellite servers but I was curious if anyone has any idea how that could automatically happen? BTW, all the servers are version 11.2.4.

Thank you in advance!
Paul
  • vastap;2299398 wrote:
    Hello
    Does anyone know of any reason why a bundle would suddenly become unavailable on some satellite servers? I recently made changes to a bundle whose content was included on all primary and satellite servers. I published the new version then all of a sudden, the content wasn't available on some satellite servers. We have 14 satellite servers set up and only 7 of them were checked off as "Included" after I published the version. The problem was easily resolved by manually checking off and including the other 7 satellite servers but I was curious if anyone has any idea how that could automatically happen? BTW, all the servers are version 11.2.4.

    Thank you in advance!
    Paul


    I'd say it would depend upon:

    a) The primary server replication schedule
    b) The satellite server replication schedule from the appropriate primary

    I believe, normally, when you make a change (publish a new version), that the bundle gets "whacked" from all servers until it gets replicated to the primaries, and then you have to wait for the satellite server content replication to get the new version.

    But I'm also assuming you have your zone settings to "include all new content" or whatever it is, vs. manually including things.

    AT least that's one theory I can come up with.
  • I was thinking along those lines and it seems perfectly logical but schedules are set the same for all servers which has me even more perplexed! Also, I may not have mentioned before, but the replication schedule we have set up is every three hours and it was at least 4-5 hours before the manual change was made. The more I think about it, the more I think there may have been some behind-the-scenes tampering...
  • vastap;2299404 wrote:
    I was thinking along those lines and it seems perfectly logical but schedules are set the same for all servers which has me even more perplexed! Also, I may not have mentioned before, but the replication schedule we have set up is every three hours and it was at least 4-5 hours before the manual change was made. The more I think about it, the more I think there may have been some behind-the-scenes tampering...


    I THINK (but could be wrong), that this info would be logged on the satellite server's zmd-messages.log (not sure though if you need debug logging enabled to see this stuff or not).

    At least until ZCM 11.3 comes out with its nifty auditing/logging (then you can at least see if someone changed something maybe).

    I HAVE, on rare occasions also had it happen where it showed as "included" but it wasn't. That was due to the content corruption on the satellite server caused by the xplatzmd agent crashing randomly.