Schedule DAU Bundles -- Install vs Distribution schedule

I have ZENworks 11 SP1a installed on a SLES 11 SP1 server. (We use it for Windows clients, so I picked this forum, but let me know if I should post this to the Linux forum.)

The documentation for 11 SP1 Patch Management Reference (sec 3.2) describes going into Configuration, Patch Management to display 8 links, and clicking on the "Schedule Discover Applicable Updates Bundles" link to configure that.

I have not 1 but 2 separate links for that:

Schedule Discover Applicable Updates Bundles Install (which allows "Run DAU on refresh", or set up a schedule)
Schedule Discover Applicable Updates Bundles Distribution (which allows "Distribute DAU on Launch", or set up a schedule)

What I want is to have our PCs scan for applicable patches early in the morning (like 2-5 AM), so that I can check during the day and schedule patches for afternoon or evening installation. I can't figure out what the different purposes are for the 2 separate links (I'm in general still figuring out the new way of thinking in ZCM as opposed to ZENworks 7), so I'm not sure how to set up the 2 schedules, one for "install" and one for "distribution" of the DAU update bundles.

Can you clarify this, or point me to some other documentation that explains it?

Thank you.
Parents Reply Children
No Data