we recently upgraded to ZCC 2017 SP2.
Our help desk team has been using remote control to support windows 7 Pro machines on our LAN for quite a long time, since 11.0 AFAIK. The team machines are also Win 7 Pro.
Recently, due to lack of available Windows licenses, we decided to switch the HD team machines to linux (SLES specifically, since we have the licenses).
I set up a test machine, and took the following steps:
1) installed SLES 12 SP2 (x64), the latest Oracle 8 x64 JRE (since ZCM apparently doesn't like the IBM JRE bundled with SLES), and the latest version of firefox with support for the Java plugin (51.0.1 64 bit)
2) Made sure that the helper package (novell-zenworks-zcc-helper-17.2.0-860.noarch.rpm) wasn't installed on the machine (rpm -e novell-zenworks-zcc-helper-17.2.0-860.noarch)
3) Accessed the ZCC Server URL (we have just one server);
4) Localized my machine in the inventory, marked its checkbox and selected 'Remote Control...' on the left side options;
5) Chose my machine IP (same results with my machine name, BTW), 'Remote Control', 'Rights' based access);
6) The 'Detecting ZCC helper box' appeared, and after a while, gave the message 'Unable to detect ZCC Helper on your machine';
7) Clicked the Download link, firefox downloads the 'novell-zenworks-zcc-helper-17.2.0-860.noarch.rpm' package from the server and lauches YAST for install;
8) *FIRST ERROR*: when I click 'Install'->'Accept', YAST says:
Error: INVALID:novell-zenworks-zcc-helper-17.2.0-860.noarch (file-ac93a2c1): Signature verification failed [4-Signatures public key is not available]
Header V4 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID afe68dca: NOKEY
Header SHA1 digest: OK (4c2d1e6e34ff815f286f9b7d2332502e7b1bbae2)
MD5 digest: OK (e78cf76e75fa7efb083b8bff61c575fd)
V4 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID afe68dca: NOKEY
9) Nevertheless, I click 'Ignore' and the package installs. I can see it's installed because the directories and files are create at /opt/novell/zenworks..., and 'rpm -qa | grep zcc' gives me 'novell-zenworks-zcc-helper-17.2.0-860.noarch'
10) Go back to the Helper Download Box, click 'Lauch'. The box returns with 'A New Version of ZCC Helper is required to be installed'.
11) At this point, the steps 7-10 repeats: when I click 'Download new ZCC Helper', it just downloads the same version (novell-zenworks-zcc-helper-17.2.0-860.noarch.rpm) and never gets past this.
Inspecting the lauch URL on the logs, I noticed that the URL requests version 17.2.0-865, not 17.2.0-860 :