PXE Legacy mirror to EFI

I have a good, working legacy PXE boot and menu...how do I replicate it to a UEFI boot? Seems like there must be a way to effectively clone my PXE boot menu to the EFI PXE boot menu?

Tags:

• I thought I could simply copy %zenworks_home%\share\tftp\pxemenu.txt (etc) to %zenworks_home%\share\tftp\efi\x86_64\*...but that is apparently too logical
    grrrrrrr......
  • bkeadle;2495053 wrote:
    I thought I could simply copy %zenworks_home%\share\tftp\pxemenu.txt (etc) to %zenworks_home%\share\tftp\efi\x86_64\*...but that is apparently too logical
    grrrrrrr......

See if this thread helps....

https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/506904-Adding-a-new-Boot-Service-Menu-Item?highlight=menu

The UEFI boot will be using a different CFG file than your BIOS boot.....Make sure to update that to point to your Menu.
  • No, that thread isn't helpful.

I have a working menu. pxemenu.txt in the ..\tftp folder. I get this menu

I copied that to ..\tftp\efi\x86_64, and I get this menu: I get this menu
  • Breakthrough. I see the syntax of the pxemenu.txt is different for the environments. Here's a snippet of my .\tftp\pxemenu.txt:

[INDENT]
    [Imaging]
    MenuTitle = Zenworks Imaging
    option = execute ; "Manual" ; "Manual Imaging (z_maint.cfg)" ;
    pxelinux.0 ; z_maint.cfg
    option = execute ; "Active Backup Restore" ; "Synology Active Backup Bare-Metal restore (synoresc_iso.cfg)" ;
    pxelinux.0 ; synoresc_iso.cfg
    option = execute ; "HTTP Options" ; "" ;
    lpxelinux.0 ; default
    [/INDENT]

and this is the syntax in .\tftp\efi\x86_64\pxemenu.txt:

option = "execute;Manual;Manual Imaging;efi/x86_64/bootx64.efi;efi/x86_64/z_maint.conf"
    option = "execute;Active Backup Restore;Synology Active Backup Bare-Metal restore (synoresc_iso.cfg);efi/x86_64/bootx64.efi;efi/x86_64/synoresc_iso.conf"
    option = "execute;HTTP Options;HTTP ISO Boot;efi/x86_64/bootx64.efi;efi/x86_64/lpxelinux.conf""

Now to figure out how to get the 2nd, 3rd options to boot.

These work under legacy PXE:

The 2nd option is using memdisk to load an ISO (via TFTP)

[INDENT]
    DEFAULT iso
    LABEL iso
    kernel boot/memdisk
    append iso initrd=iso/synoresc.iso raw
    [/INDENT]

The 3rd option is using lpxelinux.0 to loan an ISO (via HTTP)

[INDENT]
    DEFAULT iso
    LABEL iso
    kernel 172.16.0.17/.../memdisk raw
    initrd 172.16.0.17/.../synoresc.iso
    append iso raw
    [/INDENT]

Any idea what those conf files would look like?