Idea ID: 2783833

References between Bundles

over 5 years ago
Subject: Reference between Bundles

Dear Sir / Madame,
I normally create a bundle (for example W2-Install Office Stuff) which contains several sub bundles (like Office 2010, Groupwise 2014 , etc etc). And yes... this works fine.

If I look into the sub bundle (for example Groupwise 2014) there is NO possibility to see in what other bundles this one is used. The only possibility I have found so far: delete this bundle and see what information the system gives you back "this cannot be deleted because it is referenced to ....

Why this question? Several collegues have their own Bundle (W1 - Produktion Netherlands, D1 - Office Germany, etc etc). If I want to release a new Groupwise bundle ... and sent them a email, please update your sub bundles (which not everybody does)... I have to open and find them myself. This is very frustrating.

Hearing from you

Kind regards,
William Biemans
Wuppermann Staal Nederland BV
William.biemans@wuppermann.com
Tel: +31 (0)168 357190
Parents
  • This is a good summary, however If we were able to click on one of those bundle dependencies and open the actions for the selected sub bundle for modification. For instance, there is a bundle (lets call Install Jave) that is a sub bundle Install XYZ app. (This same java bundle may be a sub bundle related to many bundles.) Let's say this "Install java" bundle is obsolete and needs to be disabled and deleted. It cannot be deleted until it is unrelated to all the other bundles. Allowing to click on the dependency would be helpful to expedite the modification of the bundles (removing the "Install Java" bundle.
Comment
  • This is a good summary, however If we were able to click on one of those bundle dependencies and open the actions for the selected sub bundle for modification. For instance, there is a bundle (lets call Install Jave) that is a sub bundle Install XYZ app. (This same java bundle may be a sub bundle related to many bundles.) Let's say this "Install java" bundle is obsolete and needs to be disabled and deleted. It cannot be deleted until it is unrelated to all the other bundles. Allowing to click on the dependency would be helpful to expedite the modification of the bundles (removing the "Install Java" bundle.
Children
No Data