Blocking/Redirecting Access to the IdP Portal

What is the best way to block or "hide" the IdP User Portal in NAM?  For years, I would simply modify the main.jsp page on the IdP and add something like the following:

if (hand.isAuthenticatedSession()) { String redirectURL = "">https://some.other.page"; response.sendRedirect(redirectURL); }

Right after this line:

ContentHandler hand = new ContentHandler(request,response);

I believe this solution was originally given to me years ago by support.  

Recently while working on a site where I was doing a step-up contract for some protected resources I noticed that my modifications broke the execution of the step-up contract (thew an error when calling nidp.jsp from main.jsp).  Removing my modifications fixed it.  However, I still need a way to block/hide access to the IdP Portal.  What is the best way to do this now?

Thanks.

Matt

Parents
  •  

Go to IDP server and open the file /opt/novell/nam/idp/webapps/nidp/WEB-INF/web.xml

Comment the Servlet OspUIPortal as below:

<!--    <servlet-mapping>

<servlet-name>OspUIPortal</servlet-name>

<url-pattern>/portal/*</url-pattern>

</servlet-mapping>

-->

Restart IDP Application.

After this changes you can authenticate to the IDP server very well using a AG protected resource but you cannot access the IDP portal directly after authentication. User will see "404 Not Found error"

•  

Go to IDP server and open the file /opt/novell/nam/idp/webapps/nidp/WEB-INF/web.xml

Comment the Servlet OspUIPortal as below:

<!--    <servlet-mapping>

<servlet-name>OspUIPortal</servlet-name>

<url-pattern>/portal/*</url-pattern>

</servlet-mapping>

-->

Restart IDP Application.

After this changes you can authenticate to the IDP server very well using a AG protected resource but you cannot access the IDP portal directly after authentication. User will see "404 Not Found error"

Children