The analytics dashboard provides various graphs to visualize the data, this new graph has been introduced in the 5.0 release in which users can create a geomap that shows the count of users logged in on the basis of latitude-longitude values. For 5.0, this geomap graph is available as part of the installer. This graph won't be available for 4.5.3 HF customers. The intent of this article is to create that graph for 4.5.3 HF Dashboard customers
Pre-requisite: Install or upgrade to Analytics Dashboard 4.5.3 HF
Steps involved in creating the geomap:
1. click on create new visualization in the visualize tab. And select the coordinate map.
2. choose the type of graph realtime/historic
3. Add filter for the graph to get the login events i.e. EventID:002E000A and click on Save.
Note: Use the "is" operator for the filter.
4. Click on Add in the Buckets section and click on “Geo coordinates”
5. Select Aggregation and Geohash and Field as geoIP.location.
6. click on apply changes button
7. Click on Save, Give Title and Confirm Save
In geo map each dot defines the location (lat-long) and the count of logins, if we zoom in to the particular dot then we will be able to see the further classification of the logins as shown.