soc-prime-ransomware-hunter-basic-1.2.zip

soc-prime-ransomware-hunter-basic-1.2.zip
  • Hi Andrey,

we are facing problem in the script, The script will execute and a "ransomware.txt" will be created with the output, but after that the script is creating the files in the location specified i the script "/dev/${syslog_proto}/${syslog_server}/${syslog_port}" could you please help me on this.

Regards,

Punith.R

• Punith,

Did you create the (file )connector and point it to the file the script creates?

Mike

• Hi Punith,

This bash script is used for downloading and sending information about ransomware sites/ip`s to your Arcsight ESM.

You can run it on any Linux host, which have access to https://goo.gl/ port 443 and network access to syslog connector.

Detailed description:

1) Make directory on this Linux server: for example /root/ransomware_script:

# mkdir /root/ransomware_script

2) Copy script to this directory:

/root/ransomware_script/ransomware-basic-to-siem.sh

3) Open this script with any text editor, for example vi:

vi /root/ransomware_script/ransomware-basic-to-siem.sh

Change editor mode to INSERT - use Ins button on your keyboard

Make changes on syslog_server, syslog_port, syslog_proto variables. You need to set correct values of Syslog Destination, for example, your Syslog Smart connector daemon works on IP 10.10.10.100 and listen 514 TCP port:

syslog_server=10.10.10.100

syslog_port=514

syslog_proto=tcp

Save changes: Put Esc button on keyboard and  combination  :wq! and Enter.

Note: /dev/${syslog_proto}/${syslog_server}/${syslog_port} - all messages sends to destination  using Linux network socket. More detailed info about using sockets in Linux described  http://xmodulo.com/tcp-udp-socket-bash-shell.html .

4) Schedule script to run every six minutes. Open /etc/crontab file on your Linux server(where script was installed) and add crontab string:

vi /etc/crontab

*/6 * * * * /root/ransomware_script/ransomware-basic-to-siem.sh

Save your changes.

Please contact me if you need any help.

Regards, Alex Verbniak

• Hi Alex,

Thanks for the detailed update.

I have done all the above steps as you suggested.

I am able to execute the script, But the script is not creating the folders in the /dev location as specified in the script.

Regards,

Punith.R