ESM 6.91 HA install sanity check

Hello, I am running the ESM HA first boot wizard and it is asking me for the metadata volume parameters.  The install guide indicates that if the ESM's are appliances the metadata volume is already created, but it does not tell me what the volume is.

So I'm stuck.  I believe whatever I specify will get wiped as part of the install, so I want to be 100% clear on this part.

Any help appreciated.....

edit - my guess is that the  partition /dev/sda6 - which appears to be sized properly @ 72 M (at least according to the user guide / formula) - is the metadata target.

Can anybody from HP confirm if this is correct...? 

Tags:

Parents
  • Hi Erdy, there are some areas in the install where I can just accept the defaults, but the install does not appear to let me skip this step (the prompt repeats unless I enter some data there).  Since this is an appliance I don't want to mess with the disk partitioning, my gut feeling is that /dev/sda6 is the correct one, but clarification is appreciated

• Hi Erdy, there are some areas in the install where I can just accept the defaults, but the install does not appear to let me skip this step (the prompt repeats unless I enter some data there).  Since this is an appliance I don't want to mess with the disk partitioning, my gut feeling is that /dev/sda6 is the correct one, but clarification is appreciated

Children
No Data