Attached is the latest version of the ESM Content Authoring Best Practices guide.
This is a living document, and there is much to add. Please feel free to post questions and comments below.
Topics to address (as of 2017-10-23):
- Asset Categories
- The priority fields in setting event fields in rule actions
- Package obfuscation|Users and removing users, especially with respect to content issues and package imports
- Derived fields, especially the requestURL fields, especially checking for requestUrlHostName IS NOT NULL, and user requestUrl IS NOT NULL, insteadAggregation on Name
- About COUNT(eventID) and SUM(aggregatedEventCount)
- Managing content sync packages
Things to explore:
- Test enforced filters on rules (it works on DMs)
- Test permissions for assigning events to other users in other groups (e.g., /All Users/Default User Groups/Operators and /All Users/Default User Groups/Operators/Analyst)