upgrade smart connector software from ESM

Hi Team,

I am planning to upgrade my all smart connectors located across geo locations. Is there any possibility to upgrade smart connector software version from esm connector? 

Please refer attached snap for more details.

regards,

• Hello Kalpesh,

Yes, upgrading the connectors from the ESM Console is possible. You would have to download the .aup file, place it in a specific folder and the ESM will automatically pick it up. After that you will see the available upgrade versions in the exact place where you took your screenshot from.

The steps are outlined here: , "Upgrading SmartConnectors" chapter, page 175.

All the best,

Stefan

• Verified Answer

Hello Kaplesh ,

Yes, you may upgrade the connector from ESM Console i.e you may have to remotely upgrade the connector . For the same , download the .aup file and place it in the repository folder under <arcsight_
    home>/repository  i,.e  /opt/arcsight/manager/repository.

Then , you need to check for the options available for the connector upgrade from the Console Part by right clicking on the connector (Send Command ->  Upgrade.

Check for the Connector Upgrade option on the Console . For the same and better clarity , kindly follow SmartConnector_User Guide (Upgrading SmartConnectors) .

Hope this may help !!

Thanks ,

Sanyam

• Verified Answer

Hello Kaplesh ,

Yes, you may upgrade the connector from ESM Console i.e you may have to remotely upgrade the connector . For the same , download the .aup file and place it in the repository folder under <arcsight_
    home>/repository  i,.e  /opt/arcsight/manager/repository.

Then , you need to check for the options available for the connector upgrade from the Console Part by right clicking on the connector (Send Command ->  Upgrade.

Check for the Connector Upgrade option on the Console . For the same and better clarity , kindly follow SmartConnector_User Guide (Upgrading SmartConnectors) .

Hope this may help !!

Thanks ,

Sanyam