Checkpoint OPSEC SmartConnector on RHEL 7.2

I am trying to install an OPSEC connector onto a RHEL 7.2 host and have come up against a lack of 32-bit support.

Install the 64-bit 7.3 Connector ok but of course there is no Checkpoint option to select (understand CheckPoint only provides support for 32-bit OPSEC). Install the 32-bit 7.3 Connector and get the following,

[root@abc bin]# ./runagentsetup.sh

Assuming ARCSIGHT_HOME: /opt/arcsight/connectors/checkpoint_10/current

Assuming JAVA_HOME: /opt/arcsight/connectors/checkpoint_10/current/jre

ArcSight Agent Setup starting...

Error occurred during initialization of VM

java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

[root@abc bin]#

There is no 32 bit version of RHEL7. Many libraries have a 32 bit version but to install i686 packages, you would need to specify that, otherwise yum presumes x86_64. When dependency handling, yum will grab i686 packages.

Has anyone overcome this and can provide a list of required 32-bit packages to install to get the 32-bit connector working ?

Parents
  • This morning I have,

• disabled SELinux

[root@abc bin]# getenforce

Disabled

• and installed ArcSight-7.2.4.7831.0-Connector-Linux.bin, noting success with the version above.

The install completes with no error (as did ArcSight-7.3.0.7886.0-Connector-Linux.bin). The install log is attached.

And yet still,

Error: missing `server' JVM at `/opt/arcsight/connectors/checkpoint_10/current/jre/lib/i386/server/libjvm.so'.

Please install or use the JRE or JDK that contains these missing components.

[root@abc bin]# /opt/arcsight/connectors/checkpoint_10/current/jre/bin/java

Error: missing `server' JVM at `/opt/arcsight/connectors/checkpoint_10/current/jre/lib/i386/server/libjvm.so'.

At this point I am starting to scratch my head as possible causes. Have tried various LD_LIBRARY_PATH settings, linking the libjvm.so to /usr/lib etc.

Something I had not pointed out is that this host is also the working ESM. I'm aware this is not ideal, I'm in a spot for available space and this was to be a temporary solution.

ArcSight_SmartConnector_Install_09_21_2016_11_26_17.rtf
  • This morning I have,

• disabled SELinux

[root@abc bin]# getenforce

Disabled

• and installed ArcSight-7.2.4.7831.0-Connector-Linux.bin, noting success with the version above.

The install completes with no error (as did ArcSight-7.3.0.7886.0-Connector-Linux.bin). The install log is attached.

And yet still,

[root@abc bin]# /opt/arcsight/connectors/checkpoint_10/current/jre/bin/java

At this point I am starting to scratch my head as possible causes. Have tried various LD_LIBRARY_PATH settings, linking the libjvm.so to /usr/lib etc.

Something I had not pointed out is that this host is also the working ESM. I'm aware this is not ideal, I'm in a spot for available space and this was to be a temporary solution.

ArcSight_SmartConnector_Install_09_21_2016_11_26_17.rtf
Children
No Data