Is it me????

OK, so I've got my new 6.8 box all set, up, collecting lots of nice events, etc. I am trying to install the Activate base and I get this:

C:\arcsight68\Console\current>ActivateBaseUpdate.bat

Enter manager information (e.g., esm.mycompany.com):esm4

Enter an administrator user name (e.g., admin):xxxxxxxxxxx

Enter the password for this administrator account:xxxxxxxxxxxx

Assuming ARCSIGHT_HOME: C:\arcsight68\Console\current

Assuming JAVA_HOME: C:\arcsight68\Console\current\jre

ArcSight Package Utility starting...

Configuration initialized: config\console.defaults.properties; config\console.properties

___           _____      __   __

/ _ | ________/ __(_)__ _/ /  / /_

/ __ |/ __/ __/\ \/ / _ `/ _ \/ __/

/_/ |_/_/  \__/___/_/\_, /_//_/\__/

Package Utility /___/ Version 6.8.0.1896.0 (BE1896_12-9-2014_7:2:36)

Copyright (c) 2001-2015 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.

All rights reserved.

Logging in to manager 'esm4' with username 'xxxxxxxx'...failure.<===================================

The authentication failed. Please verify your credentials and try again.<================================

Exiting...

Assuming ARCSIGHT_HOME: C:\arcsight68\Console\current

Assuming JAVA_HOME: C:\arcsight68\Console\current\jre

ArcSight Package Utility starting...

Configuration initialized: config\console.defaults.properties; config\console.properties

##################################################################################################

I followed the Wiki instructions and unzipped the files to this location C:\arcsight68\Console\current>

(the files were downloaded from the Marketplace ) I executed the bat file from here, too.

I am completely and absolutely sure that my credentials were correct (Password is in cleartext!)  This is ldap/AD authentication on our esm.  ESM4 is for sure the name of my box.  

Thanks

Al

___           _____      __   __

Tags:

Parents
  • Hi Allen,

The way you put your manager information should be the same as you login Console, or in other word, should match the name listed on your manager's certificate.

You can run './arcsight managersetup' command from /opt/arcsight/manager/bin directory as arcsight user to find out the exact manager server name that has been configured if you still cannot figure it out.

-Nellie

• Hi Allen,

The way you put your manager information should be the same as you login Console, or in other word, should match the name listed on your manager's certificate.

You can run './arcsight managersetup' command from /opt/arcsight/manager/bin directory as arcsight user to find out the exact manager server name that has been configured if you still cannot figure it out.

-Nellie

Children
No Data