Idea ID: 2773336

Access to SOC manager Dashboard ESM 7.x

over 1 year ago

Access to the 3 SOC dashboards – SOC, Cluster View & SOC Manager through ACC is currently limited to Administrators only.  Only users that are placed under the "Administrator" group could access and view these dashboard.

However, there is occasion where organization would like to allow the access to these dashboards by non-admin users, or customer would simple want to display these dashboards in the Console or SOC monitoring center for continuous monitoring on screen.

By using Administrator privilege to access these, will allow the user to have other Admin privilege which is undesirable.  Hence, it would be good if access to these SOC dashboard can be granted to non-Admin user by means of access & control.

Tags:

Parents
  • I disagree with Jeremy's suggestion, as I have tried the workaround by granting access to non-admin users of the following 3 resources, but still unable to view any of the SOC dashboards mentioned in ESM 7.0:

/All Data Monitors/ArcSight Foundation/ArcSight ClusterView

• /All Filters/ArcSight Administration/ESM/Distributed Correlation Monitoring
    • /All Fields/ArcSight Administration/ESM/Distributed Correlation Monitoring

Bottomline is, only user placed under the in-built  "Administrator" group, will be able to access these SOC dashboards.

Also, it's not a matter of how important to allow non-admin user to view these dashboards, but rather these SOC views by nature of definition is meant for SOC monitoring, and likely on console by 24x7 basis, the more  "unlikely" it will be projected on the Console/screen with an Administrator account.

Comment
  • I disagree with Jeremy's suggestion, as I have tried the workaround by granting access to non-admin users of the following 3 resources, but still unable to view any of the SOC dashboards mentioned in ESM 7.0:

/All Data Monitors/ArcSight Foundation/ArcSight ClusterView

• /All Filters/ArcSight Administration/ESM/Distributed Correlation Monitoring
    • /All Fields/ArcSight Administration/ESM/Distributed Correlation Monitoring

Bottomline is, only user placed under the in-built  "Administrator" group, will be able to access these SOC dashboards.

Also, it's not a matter of how important to allow non-admin user to view these dashboards, but rather these SOC views by nature of definition is meant for SOC monitoring, and likely on console by 24x7 basis, the more  "unlikely" it will be projected on the Console/screen with an Administrator account.

Children
No Data