The current digital security landscape for businesses can accurately be described in one word: complicated. More numerous and advanced threats, more indefinable and complex compliance requirements, more difficult and intricate infrastructure to secure. Simply put, keeping applications, data, and the supply-chain secure is more than a full-time job—and organizations are having trouble keeping up.
The Trouble with Security
Engineers in DevOps shops work in a self-service environment. Automated Continuous Integration servers provide self-service builds and testing. Security needs to be made available to the team in the same way: convenient, available when your engineers need it, seamless, and efficient.
Security is still considered as bottlenecks since single team of few experts ended up serving multiple application releases and teams. Because of uneven balance between developers and application security experts, the bottleneck is inevitable.
On-demand AppSec team engagement makes things worse when application teams are releasing new enhancement or changes every week, with slow remediation guidance, application security become the ‘choke’ point.
Integration and Automation to the rescue
Security teams should not get in developer’s way. Don’t make developers wait for answers or stop work to get help. Give them security tools that they can use and understand and that they can provision and run themselves. And ensure that those tools fit into how they work: into Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, into their IDEs as they enter code, into code pull requests. In other words, ensure that tests and checks provide fast, clear feedback.
CyberRes Cloud DevSecOps Solution
The biggest challenges for DevOps teams are competing priorities, lack of standardized tools, and lack of integration between development and security teams. While it is a challenge to find and retain skilled AppSec experts and developers, the added complexity of securing outsourced, third party and open-source code is a complex challenge for DevOps teams to manage. The rate of change in ongoing developments means more rapid release cycles and increasing pressure to push them into production faster which impacts the application’s security posture.
Fortify, the CyberRes AppSec solution provides security automation and enables a ”shift left” culture within organizations for rapid deliveries with quicker security feedback. It also helps automates manual security processes such as code scans and enables faster response and correction.
The Fortify Advantage
Following are the some of the points on why you should choose Fortify:
- Ease of Getting Started: Onboard easier and faster using Templatization for faster application onboarding
- Ease of Use & Intuitive Integration to Existing Processes: Cloud DevSecOps developer kit easily integrates with Cloud CI platform such as AWS, Azure, GitHub and GitLab that your developers use to make security a seamless addition to their existing tools and processes
- Speed, Automation & Scale capabilities: Most scans complete in minutes and you can get machine assisted audit results in minutes for raw scan results. Automated scans can be initiated as part of code check-ins, builds, releases or other components of the CI/CD pipeline.
- DevSecOps Optimization: Optimization of existing DevSecOps process by consolidation of various vendors with Fortify AppSec end-to-end solution.
- Continued Industry Recognition: Fortify has been recognized as an application security leader in the last 13 years, including being recognized as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Security for the 8th straight year, Fortify has been trusted by the top companies in multiple verticals around the world.
This blog is an attempt to help developers understand and become aware of our Cloud DevSecOps solution along with techniques where Fortify can be seamlessly integrated with any cloud provider to secure applications that are not just cloud native but cloud agnostic also. This will help application security become an enabler in DevOps world.
This blog is a series where I cover most of the cloud providers to ensure DevOps teams will understand the different approaches of integration and automating application security activities. In the upcoming blog, I will discuss how to integrate Fortify as part of your CI/CD process for below most popular cloud-based DevOps solutions.
- Integrate with Amazon Web Services (AWS) CodeStar
- Integrate with Azure DevOps
- Integrate with Google Cloud Platform
- Integrate with GitHub
- Integrate with GitLab
- Fortify DevSecOps Integrations
- Seamless Application Security
- Fortify CI Integrations Part 1 (GitHub, GitLab, Bamboo)
- Fortify CI Integrations Part 2 (Jenkins, Azure DevOps)
Join our Fortify Community. Have technical questions about Application Security products? Visit the Fortify discussion forum. Keep up with the latest Tips & Info about Application Security. We’d love to hear your thoughts on this blog. Log in or register to comment below.