I didn't post this in the iManager forum because it seems to be more of an eDirectory issue. I was troubleshooting a server's LUM issues (since resolved) when I discovered that when I go to the novlxtier group object (or any of them in any of the server containers where they reside), and I click on the Linux Profile Tab, I get an error:
_NDS_Error_601_ The object name entered could not be found in the context specified.
That error doesn't even make sense to me in the context of looking at a tab. :confused: It works okay for the user objects novlxregd, novlxsrvd, and wwwrun. It fails in the novlxtier and www groups, particularly the General and Linux Services sub-tabs.. it works okay for Enable Group Members though.
LUM seems to be working though, but this isn't right. Any ideas? The KB wasn't much use here.
What, on that tab, may be actually stored on another object? Since you mentioned LUM, perhaps something in the plugin is trying to access the 'Unix Configuration' object which is behind the assignment of UIDs and GIDs to LUM-enabled objects.
The iManager debug log MAY help identify the -601, and is probably a good thing to check.
Next, I'd get a LAN trace from the iManager box and see if I could see what was returning a -601, and then figure out why that object was requested.
-- Good luck.
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface, show your appreciation and click on the star below...
Under /var/opt/novell/iManager/nps/WEB-INF/logs/debug.html, it doesn't really say a lot other than the error it already gives me. It also complains about the server being out of memory and that the OS will correct it, but I had this 601 issue on different servers, not just the one.
That said, there is one curious java error that repeats: " javax.naming.ldap.LdapName incompatible with com.sun.njdi.ldap.LdapName "