Discrepancies between user and group membership

Hello,

Today I face a strange issue:

"User A" is member of "group A", but when I look who is member of "group A" I do not find the "User A" on the membership list of the group.

See an example on iManger, left the user group membership and right the group members

ricard1_1-1591177352398.png

Anyone can explain why??

Thanks in advance

Ricard Malvesi

Tags:

Parents
  • There's a four way relationship for user / group stuff needed for referential integrity, i.e.

on the user object both "groupMembership" and "securityEquals" have to point to the FDN of the group object. On the latter "member" and "equivalentToMe" have to point the FDN of the user. Now depending on how (with which tools) and when (15 years back there's been a bug in ConsoleOne regarding this) the membership has been established one or more of these 4 parts might be missing. Removing / readding the relation with e.g. a current iManager build should clean things up.

• There's a four way relationship for user / group stuff needed for referential integrity, i.e.

on the user object both "groupMembership" and "securityEquals" have to point to the FDN of the group object. On the latter "member" and "equivalentToMe" have to point the FDN of the user. Now depending on how (with which tools) and when (15 years back there's been a bug in ConsoleOne regarding this) the membership has been established one or more of these 4 parts might be missing. Removing / readding the relation with e.g. a current iManager build should clean things up.

Children
No Data