Cannot connect SSC to MySQL during setup

Hello,

I've been following the instructions to set up Fortify SSC 18.20 on RHEL using the following components:

- MySQL 5.7 Community Edition

- MySQL Connector/J 8.0.15

I created my database as such, referenced by both the official documentation and some threads on this community: CREATE DATABASE ssc CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin;

Then I ran create-tables.sql to create the initial schema.There were no failures and I see the list of tables populated.

From the DATABASE SETUP page during the initial setup, I use the following JDBC string: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/ssc?connectionCollation=utf8_bin

When I test the connection, the SSC page always responds with "Test connection failed." In my MySQL database logs, I definitely see JDBC connecting, authenticating the user (which has full permissions at this point), and performing a full query.

1) Am I missing a database configuration beyond the documentation? Are there any additional tests I can perform to narrow down the issue? Or, alternatively...

2) Is there a way to enable verbose logging in Fortify/SSC Tomcat webapp to see what's going on under the hood when the requests are being attempted?

Thanks for any information that can be provided.

Parents Reply Children