Unable to execute macros created with FF rendering engine after upgrading WebInspect to 18.10

We recently upgraded our webinspect instance to 18.10 and since then, we are unable to execute the pre-existing macros(created using WI 10), which were created with FF rendering engine. We tested out creating a new macro, however, our application UI is not rendering on Truclient. Our application uses plain js and not Flash/Silverlight.

Any pointers on how to get around this issue?

Thanks in advance.

  • As Firefox wasn't rendering the application login form, I tried to use IE as the rendering engine and create a new macro. The UI loads successfully during the macro creation step, however, when I try to verify the macro, the URL endpoints are not accessible. I am attaching screenshots of the same URL endpoints during macro creation and during the verification step. 

    Would greatly appreciate if I could get some pointers on what is going on.

    Thanks!

  • I have been having some less than stellar experiences with the TruClient (Login Macro Recorder, Workflow Macro Recorder) in WebInspect 18.10.  For my upgrade, I uninstalled WI 17.20 then installed 18.10, leaving the existing SQL Express 2016.

    I could tell that TruClient was corrupted because the Record button showed at the top of the UI but ot the URL field.  New users will not understand this missing detail, so they may ultimately end up with Fortify Support (softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com).

    To fix my issues, I simply renamed the browser folder and restarted WebInspect.  The folder rebuilds itself.  You can delete that older folder.

    • C:\Program Files\HP\HP WebInspect\browser\

     

    As a nice aside, if you ever need a separate browser that you can tinker with to determine network proxy settings and other items outside the view of Corporate Policies and Security, simply make a copy of that browser folder.  I like to place it as a peer folder to the \HP WebInspect\ such as:   C:\Program Files\HP\browser\   You can then launch the browser.exe found within that Copied Folder and whatever works in that configuration will work for WebInspect.  Some network proxies can be aggravating with assumptions of auto-stealing of NTLM logins, masking wha proxy settigns should be used in WebInspect.

  • Thanks for the suggestion but it did not work for me.  I renamed the 'Browser' folder and restarted WebInspect, but that did not create a new Browser folder. Perhaps a fresh install might work. I'll try that see if that resolves the issue.