Upgrading Tomcat server on Fortify SSC Server

Dear Colleagues,

and I hope you are well and safe as your homes.

We have Fortify SSC server v19.20 which is running on tomcat server version 9.0.35.

As a part of vulnerability fix, we need to upgrade tomcat server to 9.0.44.

Since tomcat also contains ssc folder, i am afraid that i might again need to install Fortify SSC server as well.

By any chance , can we upgrade just tomcat without touching the SSC installation?

Platform: Windows

Thanks,

Nitin

Parents
  • Verified Answer

Upgrade of tomcat impact SSC as well and I would suggest two things

* Check whether the new apache tomcat version is compatible with your SSC version so you don't see any surprises. Apache Tomcat for SSC is also shipped with the SSC package hence changing Apache Tomcat version needs to be verified first

* If you upgrade to a new tomcat also, you will definitely touch SSC installation only on the basic default values which will pop up during your SSC installation in web UI however it is not required to run any SQL as your SSC version will remain the same

• Verified Answer

Upgrade of tomcat impact SSC as well and I would suggest two things

* Check whether the new apache tomcat version is compatible with your SSC version so you don't see any surprises. Apache Tomcat for SSC is also shipped with the SSC package hence changing Apache Tomcat version needs to be verified first

* If you upgrade to a new tomcat also, you will definitely touch SSC installation only on the basic default values which will pop up during your SSC installation in web UI however it is not required to run any SQL as your SSC version will remain the same

Children
No Data