Developer Workbook missing code snippets

I'm running a translate using MSBUILD, then a scan, then generating a Developer Workbook report of the findings. The report never includes any code snippets - after referencing the line number it just says "No snippet available", for all findings.

Any suggestions on how to cause the snippets to be included in the report?

Engine Version: 17.10.0156

Commands issued:

sourceanalyzer -debug -b Build_4349 -Xmx18431M -Xms400M -Xss24M -verbose -clean

sourceanalyzer -debug -verbose -b Build_4349 -Xmx18431M -Xms400M -Xss24M "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\Bin\MSBuild.exe" "D:\source\Application\All Projects.sln" /p:Configuration="Release" /p:Platform="Any CPU" /target:"rebuild"

sourceanalyzer -debug -b Build_4349 -Xmx18431M -Xms400M -Xss24M -logfile D:\fortifyprojects\Build_4349.log -f D:\fortifyprojects\Build_4349.fpr -scan

BIRTReportGenerator -format PDF -source D:\fortifyprojects\Build_4349.fpr -output D:\fortifyprojects\Build_4349_devw.pdf -template "Developer Workbook" --IncludeDescOfKeyTerminology

Parents
  • Could it be that you have code snippets disabled in the fortify-sca.properties file to save time on large scans?  Normally these are enabled (com.fortify.sca.FVDLDisableSnippets=false).  You can either disable all snippets inclusions within this properties file (set it to true), or you may leave it enabled in the properties file and only disable it on a per-scan basis using the sourceanalyzer {-fvdl-no-snippets} option.  There is an additional SnippetContextLines option for the properties file where you can specify the quantity of lines to code to be included (default = 2)

• Thanks for the suggestion - I checked the properties file and it contains the line com.fortify.sca.FVDLDisableSnippets=false, so that doesn't appear to be the problem. I'm also not using the command-line option to disable them.

The problem seems to be related to the msbuild translation (just guessing), because if I scan the C# code statically, without doing a build, I can get snippets in the workbook.

• I face the same isue with version 18.10.

How do you scan the code statically? Are the results the same?
    I thought the build steps was mandatory.

• Hi, Just to know if your issue has been resolved? What was the resolution? Thanks, Nathan Pitero
Reply Children
No Data