How to scan with WebInspect an application that uses Adobe Flash Player?

I am trying to scan an application using WebInspect Enterprise.  This is one that requires a logon macro because of our SSO system.  But when I try to record a logon macro using the WIE console tool, after login using the built-in Firefox rendering engine (browser) the app simply displays a message that it requires Adobe Flash Player version 10.3 or greater to be installed.   But this cannot be installed into the tool's rendering browser.  I tried using IE and it logs on correctly, but upon replay it never displays the logon page.  I have the same problem using the guided scan feature. 

Is there a way to make Adobe Flash Player available in the default 'browser'?

Tags:

Parents
  • The traffic is in fact https and 'Web Proxy' is capturing it correctly.  However, 'Web Proxy' does not appear to be capable of spoofing the SSL certificates in a way that a browser will allow access.  For example, Fiddler will spoof the SSL certs so that if your browser 'trusts' the Fiddler 'CA', it will trust the spoofed SSL server certs.  Short of turning off SSL on the application being scanned, do you see any way around this?  Is there another way to record a dialog that can be imported into 'Web Proxy' and converted to a macro?  (such as maybe using the browsers' own 'developer tools' record features?)

• The traffic is in fact https and 'Web Proxy' is capturing it correctly.  However, 'Web Proxy' does not appear to be capable of spoofing the SSL certificates in a way that a browser will allow access.  For example, Fiddler will spoof the SSL certs so that if your browser 'trusts' the Fiddler 'CA', it will trust the spoofed SSL server certs.  Short of turning off SSL on the application being scanned, do you see any way around this?  Is there another way to record a dialog that can be imported into 'Web Proxy' and converted to a macro?  (such as maybe using the browsers' own 'developer tools' record features?)

Children
No Data