Fortify ScanCentral DAST upgrade issue

Hi,

We are running Fortify SSC version 21.2. I'm trying to upgrade ScanCentral DAST from 21.1 to 21.2. I have configured all the parameters in DAST Configuration tool 21.2. Finally when i apply setting, throwing an error "Internal server error" "Database migration failed". Please help me with how we can troubleshoot.

• I observed the following error in the configuration tool logs. ERROR | 2022-07-29 02:04:49.7288 | DAST.ConfigurationTool.Startup | Unhandled global exception: Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.ScanBinaryFileData'.'PK_ScanBinaryFileData' in database 'eDAST' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.

• I have cleared out space in DB and tried. Now, its a different error.

ERROR | 2022-07-29 03:53:31.3953 | DAST.ConfigurationTool.Startup | Unhandled global exception: Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

We have increased the timeout settings from 600 to 1200 in the DB and tried. But database migration failed again with the same timeout error.

• i would restore your backup (before you upgraded), give system a lot more space - verify you are working - then try to upgrade?

perhaps something got stuck before - and never completed?

• I have got many stuck scans which i was not able to delete in the SSC UI. Will that be an issue in DAST version upgrade database migration.

• Will that be an issue in DAST version upgrade database migration.

Was your migration completed successfully and NOW you are seeing some stuck scans? It sounds as though you were able to clear these and now have a question on whether this will be an issue during upgrade/database migration. If so, you need to ensure there are no scans running and no scans scheduled to start during the migration of either SSC or SC DAST.