Getting MFA working through email

Hello, 

Trying to automate the scans, however I want to see if I can pull the code via email as I see that's a valid option. I'm unable to find much about 2FA for email on the user doc or the youtube page. However these are the arguments for Email Two Factor Auth 

Which server and server port are they asking for? Is that the exchange server? Also what's exactly happening during the regex part?  

• Suggested Answer

Which server and server port are they asking for? Is that the exchange server? Also what's exactly happening during the regex part?  

The server settings would be for the email account where the email is sent.

Here is an example if you are using Gmail for the email address:

• Server = pop.gmail.com
    • Server Port = 995
    • TLS = true

If your email is for a Microsoft Exchange mailbox, you will enter those values.

• Server = mail.contoso.com
    • Port = 110
    • TLS = false

or

• Server = mail.contoso.com
    • Port = 995
    • TLS = true

[Of course, these would depend on how your mailbox administrator has configured the server and I'm not trying to imply that MS Exchange is not secure compared to Google!]

NOTE: We recommend using a mailbox dedicated to this task and NOT your personal or business email address. The controller will connect to the email server and analyze each piece of mail received to analyze it according to the defined regex and capture the value for insertion into the macro.

• Hello, 

For the host name and host port, what does it need exactly? Is Webinspect is functioning as an email client. If it is a POP account, then will it need pop account info? Is IMAP possible? 

• For the host name and host port, what does it need exactly?

This depends on your server. Here is an example for Gmail:

IMAP is not possible at this time.