Fortify WebInspect - can't interact with window?

Hello,

I just signed up for a trial of WebInspect as I am doing some comparison between that, Acunetix, Synopsis, and Veracode as our Veracode licenses recently elapsed.

I got WebInspect fully installed, then got MSSQL Express running, and finally got my trial license key from MicroFocus installed. Now when I open WebInspect, I first see the 'splash screen', then once that finishes loading, I get a message about my (trial) license expiring soon, with the main window behind that.

Once I clear the license expiration warning, though, the WebInspect window seems to glitch out and jump across the screen, and then I can't interact with it at all. Nothing works, when I try to click it I just get the windows 'chime' sound. I can't interact with the window at all, and have to use task manager to kill it.

So.. any guidance? I want to give WebInspect a fair shake but this is making it impossible to work with.

Parents
  • The chime would suggest that there's another dialog hidden behind the main window (or elsewhere on your desktop).  Not something I've come across before, though.  You didn;t mention which version of Windows you're using - could be a factor.  I'd suggest trying the install on another machine.  Support can take care of deactivationg this license instance so that you can use your token elsewhere.

Other things to consider - perhaps AV or IDS (McAfee etc.) is intefrering - definitely worth a try disabling those as a test.

• Yeah, the chime definitely makes me think that it's something like a hidden window that is blocking focus. My suspicion is that it has something to do with my 4k screen / scaling configuration on my Dell XPS15, but who knows...

I am running Windows 10 Pro, for what it's worth. I guess I will try to install into a VM instead as that's my only other option.

• Yeah, the chime definitely makes me think that it's something like a hidden window that is blocking focus. My suspicion is that it has something to do with my 4k screen / scaling configuration on my Dell XPS15, but who knows...

I am running Windows 10 Pro, for what it's worth. I guess I will try to install into a VM instead as that's my only other option.

Children