About Suppression Rule

rule ID, like the picture "RuleID1",if this is a false issue,it matched 6 rules.

picture:RuleID1

RuleID1.png

like the picture "RuleID2",if I want to write a Suppression Rule,which ruleid should I fill out.

RuleID2.png

picture:RuleID2

• JP,

In the main list in the Audit Workbench.  Locate the error you want to suppress (perhaps because you have written a method that Fortify does not recognize to mitigate the issue).  Select that error, and the source file will be displayed in the center window.  Right click on the method you want to suppress errors for and right-click on top of it.  Pick "Write a Rule for This Function."  From the dialog that is presented select "Suppression Rule" (at the bottom) and use the Wizard to generate your custom rule.

Mike Sheely

• Thank you for your support。I'll give you a reply after the test。

发件人: protect724-bounces@hp.com 代表 Mike Sheely

发送时间: 2015年11月19日 5:18

收件人: JP Lee <lijianping@sys-test.com.cn>

主题: Re: - About Suppression Rule

<https://protect724.hp.com/> Protect724

About Suppression Rule

reply from Mike Sheely <protect724.hp.com/.../michael.sheely.ctr@mcw.usmc.mil in Fortify - View the full discussion <protect724.hp.com/.../73402

• The attachment picture is how I do test:

1、 On the picture function.png , right-click on function concept1(),Pick "Show matched rules."

2、 On the picture Matched rules.png,you can see that function concept1() is not matched any rules;

3、 On the picture RuleID.png,what RuleID I shouled fill in?

4、 On the picture Issues.png,you can see that function concepti() contain a Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) issue

发件人: protect724-bounces@hp.com 代表 Mike Sheely

发送时间: 2015年11月19日 5:18

收件人: JP Lee <lijianping@sys-test.com.cn>

主题: Re: - About Suppression Rule

<https://protect724.hp.com/> Protect724

About Suppression Rule

reply from Mike Sheely <protect724.hp.com/.../michael.sheely.ctr@mcw.usmc.mil in Fortify - View the full discussion <protect724.hp.com/.../73402