Knowledge Doc: [Software Security Center] Scan Central Dast 22.1 and Database Connection String

0 Likes

Summary
Cannot connect to database even when database is not encrypted or using SSL certificate

Products
Fortify Software Security Center

Environment
Scan Central Dast 22.1

Situation
The following errors are common for this situation while running Dast API container:

2022-06-09 16:54:44.2385 | DAST.Web.API.Program | Stopped program because of exception Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted.)

"Validation error occured. Error code: DboLevelDatabaseAccountLoginFailed. Error Message: Dbo level database account login failed"

Resolution
Customer needs to add additionalConnectionProperties: TrustServerCertificate=True to the DAST settings file for 22.1.

Support Article Link

Support Article Reference Number (URL Name)
KM000009000

Elizabeth Knappen
CyberRes Community Manager

If you find this post useful, give it a ‘Like’ or use ‘Verify Answer’

Labels:

Knowledge Docs
Comment List
Anonymous
  • I have a similar problem, but to communicate with PostgreSQL: Validation error occurred. Error code: DboLevelDatabaseAccountLoginFailed. Error Message: Dbo level database account login failed.Would you help me? I'm using ScanCentral DAST.ConfigurationToolCLI