IDM 4.7 VB scripting driver doesn't send info to eDirectory

Hello,

I have a working driver for 1C HR system that is written in VB. It is running as a proccess in Windows Server (remote loader).

I need to create a new driver that would connect to a separate HR database instance. Basically, I created a driver from scratch in iManager and also created new proccess instance with same VB script. 

I see in log files that all policies are initialized and information is saved into localdb file as it should be. After that script should publish values that were received from DB to eDirectory. This should do a function from IDMlib - IDMPublishValue.

However info doesn't go to eDirectory (seems that IDMPublishValue VB function doesn't work) and in log files I see repeating mesages that are sort of keep-alive packets (see below):
[08/20/19 16:25:56.396]:1C_RS_scratch :Remote Interface Driver: Connection monitor thread going to sleep.
[08/20/19 16:26:26.396]:1C_RS_scratch :Remote Interface Driver: Connection monitor thread waking up.
[08/20/19 16:26:26.397]:1C_RS_scratch :Remote Interface Driver: Connection monitor thread going to sleep.

And that is it. Nothing happens afterwards.

VB script is a 100% working since I copied it from a working driver. I also tried to connect to an already working remote loader and received the very same log from above.

What can I possibly do to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Alexey.

Parents
  • Hi Alexey,

> I created a driver from scratch in iManager and also created new proccess instance with same VB script. 

Did you create a driver in iManager? Why do not use Designer?

Could you provide your trace (level 3)?

My suspicious that you missed definitions in your driver filter. 

• Hi again,
    One important note is after you call IDMPublishValue for all values you need, you must call IDMPublish.

The Script Driver has a script log-- it's ...\WSDriver\logs\script-trace.log (e.g. C:\Program Files\NetIQ\WSDriver\logs\script-trace.log). If a script has an error you'll see the result there. You can also send your own messages to it using the IDMTrace function.

Those are just some ideas to start looking at the problem.

Thanks,
    Sam
  • Hi again,
    One important note is after you call IDMPublishValue for all values you need, you must call IDMPublish.

The Script Driver has a script log-- it's ...\WSDriver\logs\script-trace.log (e.g. C:\Program Files\NetIQ\WSDriver\logs\script-trace.log). If a script has an error you'll see the result there. You can also send your own messages to it using the IDMTrace function.

Those are just some ideas to start looking at the problem.

Thanks,
    Sam
Children
No Data