Identity Applications 4.7.1 performance

Hi!

I am facing some minor but annoying performance issues in Identity Applications.

For example, after authenticating to Identity Applications (works fast) and I switch to Administration / Roles or Administration / Resources, it takes between 15-20 seconds for the page to load. This causes some web browsers to display an warning similar to "the web page is not responding, do you want to reload".

The same goes if I navigate to a resource and assign it to a user, searching for users also takes between 15-20 seconds.

I have looked at the LDAP trace on the Identity Manager side, and it returns all results fast, so I think this is an Identity Application issue.

As a reference, the installation has about 17 resources, 135 roles and about 15 k users. CPU utilization is low on both nodes and there is disk space and memory available. There is no error messages in catalina.out.

There are two environments (test and production) and both display the same issue. Identity Applications is setup with a two node tomcat cluster using a HAproxy in front.

In my separate lab environment (non clustered) I do not see this kind of issues at all. I have also tried to bypass the HAproxy by using the hosts file to go directly to one node, but the result is the same.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot it?

Best regards
Marcus
  • It looks like LDAP performance is an issue searching for users:


    15:43:49 780B700 -1 LDAP: DoSearch on connection 0x22790a80
    15:43:49 780B700 -1 LDAP: Search request:
    ***base: "ou=users,o=data"
    ***scope:2 dereference:0 sizelimit:0 timelimit:0 attrsonly:0
    ***filter: "(
  • marcus jonsson <marcus_jonsson@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:
    >

    Hi!
    >
    > I am facing some minor but annoying performance issues in Identity

    Applications.
    >
    > For example, after authenticating to Identity Applications (works fast)

    and I switch to Administration / Roles or Administration / Resources, it
    takes between 15-20 seconds for the page to load. This causes some web
    browsers to display an warning similar to "the web page is not
    responding, do you want to reload".
    >
    > The same goes if I navigate to a resource and assign it to a user,

    searching for users also takes between 15-20 seconds.
    >
    > I have looked at the LDAP trace on the Identity Manager side, and it

    returns all results fast, so I think this is an Identity Application
    issue.
    >
    > As a reference, the installation has about 17 resources, 135 roles and

    about 15 k users. CPU utilization is low on both nodes and there is disk
    space and memory available. There is no error messages in catalina.out.
    >
    > There are two environments (test and production) and both display the

    same issue. Identity Applications is setup with a two node tomcat
    cluster using a HAproxy in front.
    >
    > In my separate lab environment (non clustered) I do not see this kind of

    issues at all. I have also tried to bypass the HAproxy by using the
    hosts file to go directly to one node, but the result is the same.
    >
    > Any ideas on how to troubleshoot it?
    >
    > Best regards
    > Marcus



    Saw this on some places even in a single IDApps server test setup.

  • Dear Marcus,

    Its a known issue that the delay is observed when a user navigates from idmdash context to idmadmin context. There is already a bug filled for which the fix will be available for the next release

    Thanks
  • sivasaran <sivasaran@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:
    >

    Dear Marcus,
    >
    > Its a known issue that the delay is observed when a user navigates from

    idmdash context to idmadmin context. There is already a bug filled for
    which the fix will be available for the next release
    >
    > Thanks
  • Dear Marcus,

    That would ideally fix the navigation issue from idmdash to idmadmin context

    Coming to people list issue, could you try creating compound index for other attributes that are using the filter like telephone number, email etc
    This may increase the performance of listing peoples in users page

    Thanks
  • Hi ,

    sivasaran;2495015 wrote:
    There is already a bug filled for which the fix will be available for the next release


    under wich bug number was this issue filed?

    Norbert
  • We have a ticket opened with MicroFocus about the user search issue. I think the problem is the LDAP filter is not optimized.

    (
  • Hi Joel,

    On 2019-05-10 16:14, joelburke wrote:
    >
    > We have a ticket opened with MicroFocus about the user search issue. I
    > think the problem is the LDAP filter is not optimized.
    >
    >
    > Code:
    > --------------------
    > (
  • klasen;2499571 wrote:
    Hi Joel,

    On 2019-05-10 16:14, joelburke wrote:
    >
    > We have a ticket opened with MicroFocus about the user search issue. I
    > think the problem is the LDAP filter is not optimized.
    >
    >
    > Code:
    > --------------------
    > (
  • >> We have a ticket opened with MicroFocus about the user search issue. I
    >> think the problem is the LDAP filter is not optimized.
    >>
    >> Code:
    >> --------------------
    >>
    >> (