Approvals App - Why cant I get it to work?

IOS Approvals

I cannot get it to work.
I am using the DAL entity User with the key user and, as far as I can see all attributes are mapped correctly.
When I refresh the list of tasks on the IOS device, the response in catalina.out is:

2020-10-25 12:49:14,287 ERROR [com.novell.soa.af.rest.controller.WfRestController] (https-jsse-nio-8543-exec-130) [WORKFLOW] Entity not found. com.novell.soa.af.WorklistEntryNotFoundException: Entity not found. at com.novell.soa.af.impl.worklist.WorklistImpl.getWork(WorklistImpl.java:360) at com.novell.soa.af.impl.worklist.WorklistImpl.getWork(WorklistImpl.java:327) at com.novell.soa.af.rest.controller.WfRestController.getTaskWorkObj(WfRestController.java:176) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1913.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) at org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.doInvoke(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:190) at org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invokeForRequest(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:138) at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.invokeAndHandle(ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.java:106) at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.invokeHandlerMethod(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:879) at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.handleInternal(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:793) at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.handle(AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.java:87)

I believe I have done as the manual states:

Open the ism-configuration.properties file and change the following configuration file properties to the specified values:

WorkflowService/SOAP-End-Points-Accessible-By-ProvisioningAdminOnly = false
WorkflowService/soap/addComment = false
WorkflowService/soap/getComments = false
VirtualDataService/soap = false

There are also the Request Mobile Approval App which when run gives me the following information:

An RBPM system configuration error was detected. In order for mobile approvals to work, the configuration for RBPM needs to be adjusted to allow non-prov admin user access.

Shut down the server.
Make a backup of your IDMProv.war file.
Within IDMProv.war, locate the WEB-INF/lib/IDMfw.jar and make the following adjustments:
In the 'WorkflowService-conf/config.xml' file, set the 'WorkflowService/SOAP-End-Points-Accessible-By-ProvisioningAdminOnly' to false
In the 'WorkflowService-conf/config.xml' file, set the 'WorkflowService/soap/getComments' to false
In the 'WorkflowService-conf/config.xml' file, set the 'WorkflowService/soap/addComment' to false
In the 'VirtualDataService-conf/config.xml' file, set the 'VirtualDataService/soap' to false
Restart the server

Which is kind of strange, since it seems strangely redundant. I have not followed that step, since it seems to be a leftover from earlier times. Should I follow those steps as well?