Userapp 4.6- Access->New request "No more users found"

Hi

I am trying to search users in Userapp 4.6. Access-> Requests->New Request-> Request for others. I am getting "No more users are available for selection."

Whereas when I am login as uaadmin I am able to search users. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Pupshpesh
  • Dear Pupshpesh,

Is something similar to this thread, kindly have a look at once #https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/505266-Accessing-organization-chart-in-IDM-dash-landing-page?p=2466085#post2466085

Kindly let us know, if you need any other requirement.
  • Hi Siva,

Thanks for the reply. But the problem is that I am unable to search any user in the access setting to add as the trustees.

Thanks
    Pupshesh
  • Dear Pupshesh,

Thank you, whatever I redirected is for Manage Users page. Yes you're right something to do with trustee rights.

Are we seeing any errors in browser client call from Developer tool -> Network calls; also double-check is this working with our legacy dash pages and any other errors in catalina.out for this calls?
  • Hi Siva,

I am only able search users in Access-> Request-> New Request page. and rest all pages I am unable to search users and that is happning with uaadmin users, whereas non-admin users are not at all able to search users.

Thanks
    Pushpesh
  • Hi Pushpesh,

Are you seeing any errors in browser (Developer tool -> Network calls) when searching for users. The user which you login as non-admin user, should not have access to request for others page. Do you see it for all non admin users?

Thanks,
    Suman
  • Hi Suman,

We tried with other non-admin users, all having the same issue. However, when logged in admin user i am not seeing any error in Catalina.out, but i am seeing below error when tried with non-admin users.

2017-10-11 05:54:12,485 [ERROR] TargetSetService [RBPM] Unknown service failure.
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.novell.srvprv.impl.vdata.model.VirtualDataAccess.getTeamMemberResultListByRelationship(VirtualDataAccess.java:3462)
    at com.novell.srvprv.impl.vdata.model.VirtualDataAccess.getTeamMemberResultList(VirtualDataAccess.java:3030)
    at com.novell.srvprv.impl.vdata.model.VirtualDataAccess.getTeamMemberResultList(VirtualDataAccess.java:2934)
    at com.novell.srvprv.impl.vdata.model.VirtualDataModel.getTeamMemberResultList(VirtualDataModel.java:1200)
    at com.netiq.idm.rest.access.TargetSetService.getUserList(TargetSetService.java:465)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.model.method.dispatch.AbstractResourceMethodDispatchProvider$ResponseOutInvoker._dispatch(AbstractResourceMethodDispatchProvider.java:168)
    at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.model.method.dispatch.ResourceJavaMethodDispatcher.dispatch(ResourceJavaMethodDispatcher.java:67)
    at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.HttpMethodRule.accept(HttpMethodRule.java:259)
    at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.RightHandPathRule.accept(RightHandPathRule.java:133)
    at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.ResourceClassRule.accept(ResourceClassRule.java:83)
    at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.RightHandPathRule.accept(RightHandPathRule.java:133)
    at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.RootResourceClassesRule.accept(RootResourceClassesRule.java:71)
    at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl._handleRequest(WebApplicationImpl.java:990)
    at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl.handleRequest(WebApplicationImpl.java:941)
    at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl.handleRequest(WebApplicationImpl.java:932)
    at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent.service(WebComponent.java:384)
    at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:451)
    at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:632)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:742)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:231)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
    at com.novell.common.auth.JAASFilter.doFilter(JAASFilter.java:145)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
    at com.novell.common.auth.saml.AuthTokenGeneratorFilter.doFilter(AuthTokenGeneratorFilter.java:106)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
    at com.novell.common.auth.sso.SSOFilter.doFilter(SSOFilter.java:120)
    at com.novell.soa.common.i18n.BestLocaleServletFilter.doFilter(BestLocaleServletFilter.java:241)
    at com.novell.common.ForceNoCacheFilter.doFilter(ForceNoCacheFilter.java:62)
    at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
    at com.novell.common.CrossScriptingFilter.doFilter(CrossScriptingFilter.java:53)
    at com.novell.common.HttpSecurityHeadersFilter.doFilter(HttpSecurityHeadersFilter.java:132)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:198)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:96)
    at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:478)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:140)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:80)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AbstractAccessLogValve.invoke(AbstractAccessLogValve.java:624)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:87)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:342)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.service(Http11Processor.java:799)
    at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:66)
    at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:868)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1455)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
  • Hi Pushpesh,

Is the logged in user Team manager? If yes, what is the relationship selected while configuring the teams?

Also, check User DAL entity has manager attribute configured.

Thanks,
    Suman
  • Hi Suman,

The logged in user is a normal user and the in DAL the manager attribute is configured. The relationship configured is Manager-Employee. it has accessed by Team-management.

thanks
    Pushpesh
  • Hi PushpeshK You were be able to resolve the problem? i have the same problem in 4.8.1. i can find groups but not users. Many thanks in advance