Start Workflow throws "Error initializing scripting engine"


I have several workflow that run fine when started from the UA or Home
interfaces. However, when they are kicked-off in a driver policy by the
"Start Workflow" action the error, "Workflow Error: Error initializing
scripting engine or scripting context" is shown in the Request Status
section of the UA. The driver log shows that the workflow started
successfully, i.e. no problems with authentication or incorrect start
workflow parameters.

It seems that the workflow starts but is not able to run because of some
misconfiguration on the workflow engine side. The user who is assigned
to authenticate and start the workflow is the uaadmin (for now) and this
user can execute the workflows from UA and Home interfaces without any
issues. The uaadmin has the provisioning role assigned. Is there some
other permission that needs to be assigned to the user?

Thanks in advance for any help.


--
rhettplace
------------------------------------------------------------------------
rhettplace's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=876
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=53829

  • Rather than focusing on rights etc I'd look into the flowdata parameters
    and their processing in mapping activities.

    The error sounds like an unhandled exception. Check your server log, and
    the dashboard for details - perhaps add some custom logging and/or
    exception handling.

    Wolfgang

    On 03.07.2015 17:18, rhettplace wrote:
    >
    > I have several workflow that run fine when started from the UA or Home
    > interfaces. However, when they are kicked-off in a driver policy by the
    > "Start Workflow" action the error, "Workflow Error: Error initializing
    > scripting engine or scripting context" is shown in the Request Status
    > section of the UA. The driver log shows that the workflow started
    > successfully, i.e. no problems with authentication or incorrect start
    > workflow parameters.
    >
    > It seems that the workflow starts but is not able to run because of some
    > misconfiguration on the workflow engine side. The user who is assigned
    > to authenticate and start the workflow is the uaadmin (for now) and this
    > user can execute the workflows from UA and Home interfaces without any
    > issues. The uaadmin has the provisioning role assigned. Is there some
    > other permission that needs to be assigned to the user?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help.
    >
    >


  • The cause ended up being related to formatting of the DNs. I found
    these two logging packages to be helpful; com.novell.nds.dirxml.ldap and
    com.novell.nds.dirxml.util. Once I set those to debug, there was
    sufficient information to troubleshoot. Without those logs, it's a
    total black box.


    --
    rhettplace
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    rhettplace's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=876
    View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=53829

  • On 7/6/2015 11:24 AM, rhettplace wrote:
    >
    > The cause ended up being related to formatting of the DNs. I found
    > these two logging packages to be helpful; com.novell.nds.dirxml.ldap and
    > com.novell.nds.dirxml.util. Once I set those to debug, there was
    > sufficient information to troubleshoot. Without those logs, it's a
    > total black box.


    I used to maintain a page where you could go edit and update with a note
    like this, that they were helpful, possibly with examples, for the 'next
    guy' but it was taken down at someones request.

    If you send me some samples I will update a copy I maintain and share
    the secret location it is hosted. My email is my full name using gmail.