Identity Manager - Road Map

If I remember correctly, in May MF showed the road map for Identity Manager. NetIQ IDM 4.9 was to be released at the end of this year. Now I see an extension of support for 4.8 to 30 Nov 2023 (was 30 Nov 2022). Anyone know if there has been a change in plans?

• Software development timelines are like the Pirate Code.  More like recommendations.

I have no specific info, but likely just delayed as is to be expected.  4.8.4 was released in August. (Had to check, the new SLD site is a lot more work to look...)

• Suggested Answer

Hi Kamil,

You are indeed correct. We have updated our roadmap recently.

There has been some streamlining to various releases. These efforts are focused on delivering value to customers at a rapid pace. We are striving towards offering Identity Manager as a service offering next year. Additionally, we also have several exciting enhancements & updates lined up. Some notable items –

• Kubernetes-based deployment on Azure
    • Driver Policy Administration updates, including deployment automation
    • Identity Console enhancements

These capabilities would become available as part of service pack updates. Stay tuned!

Abhishek

• Wow!.  looking forward for it, driver policy administration and deployment automation sounds really nice.

/Maqsood