JDBC Fan-Out Driver:
The JDBC Fan-Out driver relies on the following independent components.
Fan-Out Driver Shim: The Fan-Out driver shim is a Java-based interface driver. The driver shim virtually connects to the Fan-Out agent through ActiveMQ.
ActiveMQ: The Fan-Out driver and the Fan-Out agent use ActiveMQ for transferring the Subscriber events, configuration data, and the queries. The Fan-Out agent creates a separate queue for each JDBC driver instance. The JDBC driver instances wait for the events in their respective queues.
Fan-Out Agent: The Fan-Out agent is a standalone Java process that works independently of the Identity Vault. The Fan-Out agent loads the JDBC driver instances based on the configuration of the connection objects in the Fan-Out driver.
The Fan-Out process works as follows:
- The Identity Vault stores the connection object configuration. The configuration includes connection, authentication, and trace information.
- The Fan-Out driver receives the initialization document from the engine.
- The Fan-Out driver and the Fan-Out agent perform a handshake to establish a connection. This signals the start of the communication between the agent and the driver. The handshake is done through challenge-response sets.
- The Fan-Out driver queries the Identity Vault for the connection objects associated with this driver and creates multiple initialization documents based on the content in the connection objects.
- The Fan-Out driver sends the initialization documents to the Fan-Out agent through ActiveMQ.
- The Fan-Out agent loads the JDBC driver instances.
- The Fan-Out driver sends the events to the Fan-Out agent through ActiveMQ.
- The Fan-Out agent determines which JDBC driver instances this event should be sent to.
- The JDBC driver processes the event and sends the status of the event to the Fan-Out driver through ActiveMQ.
- The Fan-Out driver sends this status to the Identity Manager engine.
For more information see: https://www.netiq.com/documentation/idm45drivers/jdbc_fanout/data/b1imcw6p.html
<broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core" brokerName="amq02"