NetIQ Access Manager Appmarks icon

I am trying to upload custom icon image for Appmarks in the NetIQ Access Manager Administrator Console.

But at the time of saving the image to galary, I get error --> Failed to create the icon.

The icon size is 100 x 100 pixel.

Please advise what could be the possible reason

• hi,

I am also facing the same issue.

Any update on what is the fix for this?

• I think this is a bug in adminui interface. I have tested that with AM appliance 5.0.1 and after uploading icon I can see following in /var/opt/novell/nam/logs/adminconsole/tomcat/catalina.out:

Apr 12, 2022 12:18:23 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
    SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [RESTServices] in context with path [/adminui] threw exception [org.glassfish.jersey.server.ContainerException: com.microfocus.amsvc.v1.sdk.client.ApiException: {"response":{"code":"BAD_REQUEST","detail":"Required field(s), name/imageData/format, are null or empty."}}] with root cause
    com.microfocus.amsvc.v1.sdk.client.ApiException: {"response":{"code":"BAD_REQUEST","detail":"Required field(s), name/imageData/format, are null or empty."}}
    at com.microfocus.amsvc.v1.sdk.client.ApiClient.invokeAPI(ApiClient.java:446)
    at com.microfocus.amsvc.v1.sdk.api.IconsApi.addIcon(IconsApi.java:155)
    at com.microfocus.am.server.services.IconService.postIcon(IconService.java:77)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    Checking initial request in browser I can see that POST had all 3 mentioned fields (name, imageData and format).
    Probably best to open SR.
    Kind regards,
    Sebastijan
  • Hi Sebastijan

Thank you for your inputs.

I tried to restart the admin console service which happened to resolve the issue for now.

Thanks & Regards,

Nirmiti.

• Thank you Nirmiti, the admin console restart helped to resolve the issue.