NDS ACL List Copy

0 Likes

NDS ACL list copy is a VB6 tool I have written to automate the copy of large (or small!) trustee lists from one NDS object to another. (I am talking about NDS rights here - not file system rights)

Please be aware this application is written in VB6 (now unsupported by Microsoft) and utilizes the NDAP activex controls available here - http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/ActiveX_NDAP_Controls (now unsupported by Novell) You should consider these facts before using this application in a production environment!

To use this tool:

1. install it on a Windows Workstation with the Novell Client installed (tested on Windows XP SP2 with Novell Client 4.91 SP4, your mileage may vary!)

• launch the application

• select a source object (this is the object with the ACL you wish to copy)

• tailor the ACL list as required using the Remove Assignment button

• select a destination object - the ACL from the source object will be added to the destination objects ACL (existing assignments will remain, except where rights are being explicitly changed in the source ACL)

• apply the changes using the Apply button

• any errors generated will be written to the errors window, which can be subsequently viewed in notepad for ease of viewing.

Enjoy!

Tags:

Labels:

Collateral
Comment List
Anonymous
Parents
  • What is the replacement for the Ndap control that is not supported? Because I have a problem when I want to change the trustee right to a directory that have an accent in it "\\vol1\coco\dédé" for exemple. It allways give me an General API error.

I use visual basic 2005
Comment
  • What is the replacement for the Ndap control that is not supported? Because I have a problem when I want to change the trustee right to a directory that have an accent in it "\\vol1\coco\dédé" for exemple. It allways give me an General API error.

I use visual basic 2005
Children
No Data