AzureAD without PowerShell service - Publisher poll

I have AzureAD driver running in hybrid mode, but without powershell service. It is only used to manage group membership in some cloud-only groups.

Although publisher is enabled in driver parameters (polling interval set to 5 minutes), I don't see any calls to GraphAPI in remote loader trace (level set to 99).

Also when looking at some other customer, where we have PowerShell service installed, publisher poll works, but it looks like is implemented using Powershell only, not GraphAPI (calling Get-User or Get-Group with filter on WhenChangedUTC)

So question is, is AzureAD driver able to poll for changes in AzureAD using graph API only?

Kind regards,

Sebastijan

Parents
  • Sebastijan,

I assume you have tried the latest version of the shim which introduces a new Group membership cache option.

However, I assume that it would be counter-productive to have two polling cache implementations.

Assume they went with the "works with everything" one, and that polling happens only via PowerShell.

Just a guess though.

Alex

• Hi Alex!

Unfortunately customer is not running latest version, but 5.1.3 (change mgmt at that customer is kind of complicated, hence I'm avoiding upgrades when not necessary), so if I understand correctly, no group membership caching is used.

Anyway, I'm afraid you might be right and powershell service might be needed for polling. I was just hoping that maybe somebody got to this problem before and have solution without installing additional services Blush.

Kind regards,

Sebastijan

• Hi Alex!

Unfortunately customer is not running latest version, but 5.1.3 (change mgmt at that customer is kind of complicated, hence I'm avoiding upgrades when not necessary), so if I understand correctly, no group membership caching is used.

Anyway, I'm afraid you might be right and powershell service might be needed for polling. I was just hoping that maybe somebody got to this problem before and have solution without installing additional services Blush.

Kind regards,

Sebastijan

Children
No Data