Maxpatrol Scanner Fleconnector

0 Likes
over 10 years ago

This Flexconnector is a Scanner connector to import vulnerability and asset data from a Maxpatrol Scanner.

Product: MaxPatrol

Vendor: Positive Technologies (http://www.ptsecurity.com/)

Product Version: 8.0.8967 and later.

Documentation is currently only available in Russian language and is contained within the zip.

For questions, please contact the author Eugenie Potseluevskaya by email:

epotseluevskaya@ptsecurity.ru

Changes:

2011/12/08:

New data that can be imported after update are:

• For the PenTest mode: probable operating systems with their weights, the most likely OS (the one with the maximum weight, being added as an OS category), marking of the vulnerabilities that  are  under suspicion (discovered by using of heuristic methods) as Probable Vulnerabilities.
  • For the Audit mode: MAC-addresses.
  • For the PenTest and Audit modes: adding of the discovered applications as asset categories.
Comment List
Anonymous
  • Let me say We have the problem with this type of connector. It can't process a large amount of data (vulnerabilities of scanned hosts) and I think it is because of Java restrictions (it can't process large XML file with more than 1 mio records) or it is a connector restrictions.. And there is a problem in Maxpatrol application too, because it can't export the portion of data to xml limited by file size. And we have to limit the portion of scanned number of hosts to 20 hosts maximum! If we scan more hosts than the size of XML file is not predictable and can contain more than 1 million records, and as a result - connector is hanging .. It is not useful every time to make many export tasks in Maxpatrol application for one C class IP network segment of scanned hosts...

What you can advise? (to change Maxpatrol to Retina scanner ?? )

Regards,

Dmitry.

• Community-nominated awards... I love it! And will see what can be done for Protect 2012.

Trisha

• Very impressive.

Trisha, this person deserves an honorary pass for the Protect 2012.

Anton

• that was not me.

It was Zhenia. She is the kind of young intellectual Russian hacker...

• token[18].expression=if (string-length(fn:string-join(for $i in $vulner_description/global_id return fn:concat("%",$i/@name,"=",$i/@value,"#",$vulner_description/title,"#",@level,"# ",$vulner_description/title,". ",$vulner_description/short_description," MaxPatrol ID: ",@id)," "))+string-length(fn:concat("MaxPatrol=",@id,"#",$vulner_description/title,"#",@level,"#",$vulner_description/title,". ",$vulner_description/short_description," ",$vulner_description/description,"Solution: ",$vulner_description/how_to_fix,"Reference: ",$vulner_description/links))<1023) then "full" else if (string-length(fn:string-join(for $i in $vulner_description/global_id return fn:concat("%",$i/@name,"=",$i/@value,"#",$vulner_description/title,"#",@level,"# ",$vulner_description/title,". ",$vulner_description/short_description," MaxPatrol ID: ",@id)," "))+string-length(fn:concat("MaxPatrol=",@id,"#",$vulner_description/title,"#",@level,"#",$vulner_description/title,". ",$vulner_description/short_description," Solution: ",$vulner_description/how_to_fix,"Reference: ",$vulner_description/links))<1023) then "short" else if (string-length(fn:string-join(for $i in $vulner_description/global_id return fn:concat("%",$i/@name,"=",$i/@value,"#",$vulner_description/title,"#",@level,"# ",$vulner_description/title,". ",$vulner_description/short_description," MaxPatrol ID: ",@id)," "))+string-length(fn:concat("MaxPatrol=",@id,"#",$vulner_description/title,"#",@level,"#",$vulner_description/title,". ",$vulner_description/short_description," Solution: ",$vulner_description/how_to_fix))<1023) then "shorter" else if (string-length(fn:string-join(for $i in $vulner_description/global_id[@name="CVE"] return fn:concat("%",$i/@name,"=",$i/@value,"#",$vulner_description/title,"#",@level,"# ",$vulner_description/title,". ",$vulner_description/short_description," MaxPatrol ID: ",@id)," "))+string-length(fn:concat("MaxPatrol=",@id,"#",$vulner_description/title,"#",@level,"#",$vulner_description/title,". ",$vulner_description/short_description," Solution: ",$vulner_description/how_to_fix))<1023) then "shortest" else "tiny"

You are one seriously insane individual, Till.

A.