SmartConnector for Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise DB

2 Likes
over 9 years ago

Labels:

SmartConnector Configuration Guides - DB
Comment List
Anonymous
  • Mark, thanks for your comments. I’ll add an update for this guide to tasks for the current or next connector release.

Ingrid

• Ingrid,

One more thing.  On page 10 below screen print of 'Enter the device details' ; Can we add the format of the URL?  The screen print truncates the display and the JDBC URL is different from other products.  Here is the format example:

jdbc:sybase:Tds:dbserver.company.com:5000/sybsecurity

• Hi Ingrid,

1. For version 7.1.7.7600 agentdocs zip file: the old doc is included and not this version with new branding.

2. Page 9 (both old and new) The screen prints show a JDBC Database Driver text box with a value of com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybDriver. This should be com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver as shown on the next page. This connector is not ready for JDBC 3 and the incorrect screen print led me to hours of debugging and testing.  Could I recommend a simple image edit to correct this.

Technical note: Version 3 driver will work (unsure if officially supported). Although if you do this and have requirements for Sybase password changing, you must add 2 parameters originally found in the agent.default.properties to your agent.properties updating the version number from 2 to 3. Here are the 2 lines:

password.change.statement.com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybDriver=sp_password '$oldpassword','$newpassword'

password.change.statement.com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybDriver.returnCountCheck=true

• That is, I have "corrected" ...

• Thanks you; I have correct that and several other typos I found.

• Documentation team. p.3 Spelling mistake "Tne Audit System" should be "The Audit System"