Microsoft SQL Server Audit Windows Event Log Unified

1 Likes
over 9 years ago

Labels:

SmartConnector Configuration Guides - Windows Event Log
Comment List
Anonymous
  • In general, additional version support will be added only for the Native connector. However, you can make a feature request through Customer Support to have support added for the Unified connector.

Ingrid

• Thanks for the clarification Ingrid.

Is there a technical reason why only the native SmartConnector supports SQL 2014?  Moving forward, does HPe plan to only support new versions of Microsoft products through the Native mechanism?

I would like to bring in the events using the native WEF but am currently using the older Unified SmartConnector for all Windows based events.  I therefore have a good understanding of what is required for Unified and know that I can easily implement the integration without implicating other IT teams within my organization.

• No, the Unified version supports through 2012 SP1. The version with Microsoft Windows Event Log – Native supports SQL 2014.

Ingrid

• Does the Unified SmartConnector for Microsoft SQL support SQL 2014?

Looking at the native SmartConnector guide, it states that SQL 2014 is supported... so I don't see why this one wouldn't support it as well since the event parsing is the same and only the collection mechanism is different.

Thanks

Carl