Comment List
Anonymous
Parents
  • Yes, I'm seeing the same occurrences. I can empathize though having gone through the effort of creating a flex connector for Bro. Bro has done some good things by breaking out the various parts of a URL but in this case it would be better to have it complete vice parsed. As to the hyphens in the data, they are both a benefit and a nuisance. While it is good to know sometimes that there was nothing in a specific column, it raises havoc when you try to tell the flex connector a certain column is an IP address and then a "-" shows up.....

While it is always good to have accuracy in data (requestUrl in this case), I will settle for all the necessary data being present vice exactly correct.

With the new connector version, I am more concerned with not being able to have the connector continue to follow the Bro log folder after it rotates the logs. I am currently having to re-start the connector on an hourly basis (the same interval Bro creates new log files) in order for the connector to continue finding the log files. I don't understand why this is an issue since the Multi-Folder Flex connector I created followed the folders fine. So the mechanism to do this must exist in the connector bag of goodies. I just need to know the magic configuration to make it work.

Comment
  • Yes, I'm seeing the same occurrences. I can empathize though having gone through the effort of creating a flex connector for Bro. Bro has done some good things by breaking out the various parts of a URL but in this case it would be better to have it complete vice parsed. As to the hyphens in the data, they are both a benefit and a nuisance. While it is good to know sometimes that there was nothing in a specific column, it raises havoc when you try to tell the flex connector a certain column is an IP address and then a "-" shows up.....

While it is always good to have accuracy in data (requestUrl in this case), I will settle for all the necessary data being present vice exactly correct.

With the new connector version, I am more concerned with not being able to have the connector continue to follow the Bro log folder after it rotates the logs. I am currently having to re-start the connector on an hourly basis (the same interval Bro creates new log files) in order for the connector to continue finding the log files. I don't understand why this is an issue since the Multi-Folder Flex connector I created followed the folders fine. So the mechanism to do this must exist in the connector bag of goodies. I just need to know the magic configuration to make it work.

Children
No Data