ESM 101 for ESM 6.0c

3 Likes

A comprehensive introduction to ESM 6.0c components and functionality.

Labels:

Archives
Comment List
Anonymous
Parents
  • Hi, Angelo, good questions and good catch.

Event archiving is handled in ESM 6.0c using the CORR-Engine storage. This is described in the ESM 101 topic "Correlation Optimized Retention and Retrieval (CORR) Engine" (chapter 9 on page 109) and also in the Management Console Guide ().

Resource archiving can be managed using packages or use cases. Both of these features are also described in 101 and the ArcSight Console User's Guide (. Let me know if these topics don't answer your question. 

I'm not sure where in the index talks about resource archiving? I didn't see a listing for that under Archiving or Resources.

We will clean up the place on page 161 that refers to a topic that isn't there. Thanks for catching that.

Comment
  • Hi, Angelo, good questions and good catch.

Event archiving is handled in ESM 6.0c using the CORR-Engine storage. This is described in the ESM 101 topic "Correlation Optimized Retention and Retrieval (CORR) Engine" (chapter 9 on page 109) and also in the Management Console Guide ().

Resource archiving can be managed using packages or use cases. Both of these features are also described in 101 and the ArcSight Console User's Guide (. Let me know if these topics don't answer your question. 

I'm not sure where in the index talks about resource archiving? I didn't see a listing for that under Archiving or Resources.

We will clean up the place on page 161 that refers to a topic that isn't there. Thanks for catching that.

Children
No Data