ESM 6.5 Patch 1 Release Notes

4 Likes

What's fixed in ESM 6.5 Patch 1.

Labels:

Archives
Comment List
Anonymous
Parents
  • There are may be more fixes that aren't logged as enhancement requests or bugs and don't have a bullet-line in the release notes (one can hope.) One of my customers has an ongoing issue with 6.5 and we've asked support to comment if we should apply this patch or not. Since everything was just announced in the past 24 hours, I figure we won't hear back for a day or so.

As with all of these patches, they need to be applied to all components, including the console. Only in the past (4.x and 5.x days) were there one-off hot-fixes that you could throw on the Manager or DB and not have to patch the console, and those hot fixes were usually recommended directly by support to fix an issue. These fixes were not always generally available to the public, either, but usually wound find themselves added back to the main build tree for subsequent ArcSight releases.

Comment
  • There are may be more fixes that aren't logged as enhancement requests or bugs and don't have a bullet-line in the release notes (one can hope.) One of my customers has an ongoing issue with 6.5 and we've asked support to comment if we should apply this patch or not. Since everything was just announced in the past 24 hours, I figure we won't hear back for a day or so.

As with all of these patches, they need to be applied to all components, including the console. Only in the past (4.x and 5.x days) were there one-off hot-fixes that you could throw on the Manager or DB and not have to patch the console, and those hot fixes were usually recommended directly by support to fix an issue. These fixes were not always generally available to the public, either, but usually wound find themselves added back to the main build tree for subsequent ArcSight releases.

Children
No Data