Where is the MESSAGE field for the data sync policies?

Hi. I´m running Sentinel 8.2.2 and I´m creating the data synchronization policies for databases to be used for reporting services. Everything is fine, but I can´t seem to find the message field in the field mapping. Curious thing is: the field is there, I can see it and see the values of it in the default search for instance. Why can´t I map it for the data sync? Any thougnts? All other default fields are there.

Parents
  • To which kind of database to you want to sync the data?

Did you have Sentinel create the table in the remote DB?

• Data Sync is to MSQL Server 2012. Yes, the table is there. All other fields are already mapped and working fine. I´m just not able to select the message field in the field mapping option, even though I can see this field and its value in the default Sentinel search page for the same query I´m using for the policy.

clipboard_image_0.png

• Verified Answer

Support help me pointing out that 8.x versions of Sentinel expanded the MSG field to 8000 chars. In previous versions, this field was created with 4000 chars which is the top supported by datatype 12. Basically what you need to do is an alter column msg nvarchar (max) and SQL Server will do the rest, the data type will be changed to 2005 and the Data Sync policies will recognize the MSG field automatically.

• Verified Answer

Support help me pointing out that 8.x versions of Sentinel expanded the MSG field to 8000 chars. In previous versions, this field was created with 4000 chars which is the top supported by datatype 12. Basically what you need to do is an alter column msg nvarchar (max) and SQL Server will do the rest, the data type will be changed to 2005 and the Data Sync policies will recognize the MSG field automatically.

Children
No Data