Now in line with our 90 day release cycle at OpenText, IDOL 23.4 has been released. It includes numerous features and improvements. Here are the new features you can explore in IDOL:
Check out the IDOL 23.4 webinar
- Suggest from structured data – Exciting new feature that provides similar document suggestions based purely of the structured data fields
- For more relevant results on documents with low content.
- Ingest, Index and query support vector search – IDOL core Index now includes a vector database
- Support of multiple vectors for each index entry, allows use of LLMs and Transformers to provide an alternate search methodology.
- PII for Singapore – Addition of Person Identifiable Information grammar coverage to the country of Singapore.
- Eduction grammar process selection UI –
- New UI to simplify the use of named entity resolution at ingest to allow selection of education grammar (ease of use).
- Python processor – Allow users to use Python within the ingest chain due to its expansive adoption as a scripting language (ease of use).
- Sync Resume – New Feature allowing stop/start of connectors during synchronisation for out of hours operation
- Added to Teams, xECM and Documentum
- New Info Archive Connector – Expand our connector coverage of OpenText Content services offerings.
- Video clustering for grouping similar videos – New, provides fast automatic (unattended) clustering of videos with similar content
- Helping to organise unknown video collections.
- Video Synopsis output of content – New, Output summarisation of the faces and objects found within a video and how long they appeared.
- Upgrade image Object Detection for higher accuracy – Improvement, Updated Object Detection engine to improve accuracy
- Identifying more objects within images or video.
- Face detect improvements – Improvement, Updated ML model to increase accuracy of Face Detection engine
- Identifying more faces within images or videos.
- iWork: support for subfile extraction, metadata, and more complete rich text content
- PDF: smart conversion of Unicode replacement characters (common in Arabic content);
- Support for private use area when Wingdings font is in use
- New Reader for Uniform Office Text
- New Readers for Yozosoft EIT and EIO
- Ease of use: Human-readable output for filtertest
- Ease of use: Metadata API: PDF “all metadata” option
- Tutorial extended to include HTML Export
- KeyView core components: DoS testing and resolution
- Various performance improvements in the KeyView engine
- Support for RedHat OpenShift, configuration examples and instructions for auto-scaling with Kubernetes
- Plus other container orchestration improvements
Learn more about what Unstructured Data Analytics can do for you.
We’d love to hear your thoughts on this blog. Comment below.
The OpenText Analytics & AI team