I have successfully installed SilkCentral Test Manager (SCTM) on IIS Web Server, but when I try to launch SCTM to navigate to the login page, I am recieving an error that the page could not be found. Are there steps to manually configure SCTM to run on an IIS Web Server after a successful SCTM installation?
In order to manually configure SCTM to run on an IIS Web Server, you have to perform the following steps after having succesfully installed SCTM:
1) Stop all SilkCentral Services
2) Stop IIS & open IIS Manager
3) Copy the isapi_redirect.dll (located on SCTM DVD in "[DVDRoot]program files\Silk\SC Test Manager 2010 R2\IIS_scriptsdir" into the scripts dir of IIS (normally "C:\Inetpub\Scripts\")
4) Create the virtual directory "scripts", if it does not already exist, in "Web Sites/Default Web Site" : - set Local path to the scrits directoy of IIS (normally "C:\Inetpub\Scripts\") - set permissions to Read, Write, Log visits, Indx this resource - set "Execute permissions" to "Scripts and Executables"
6) Add ISAPI filter "Tomcat" on node "Web Sites": - set filter name to "Tomcat" - set filter executable to "isapi_redirect.dll" in IIS scripts directory (e.g. "C:\Inetpub\Scripts\isapi_redirect.dll")
7) Add Webservice extension "Tomcat" under "Web Service Extensions": - set extension name to "Tomcat" - add "isapi_redirect.dll" to required files - set extension status to "Allowed"
8) Check that the following registry strings are created, if not, create them