When executing a Try Run on a Manual Test Definition, where does the Version and Build information in the Manual Test Execution dialog come from?
Steps to replicate:-
1. Create a New Manual Test definition
2. Right Click definition and chose "Try Run test
3. In the Manual test Execution screen you will notice that the
test definition has a name of "Unassigned Tests
Where does the Version and Build information come from?
- “Try Run” takes the build and version from the latest execution for a specified product regardless of the Test Definition, Execution Definition and Project this run was for.
- SCTM searches through all results (of all projects) having the
same product as the "Try run" test and takes the build of
the last one.
- If it was the first run for this product (in all projects) the latest active build of the product is taken.
- There is currently is no way to specify a build when doing a try run. Please note that the "Try Run" function is only designed for trial tests.