Micro Focus has been recognized as a ‘Specialist’ by Radicati in their latest Information Archiving Market Quadrant. Read on to see what a ‘Specialist’ can do for your organization’s information archiving strategy.
Hot off the press, Radicati has released their 2022 Information Archiving Market Quadrant report. Within is a comprehensive evaluation of the vendors within the space, what each has to offer, and some guidelines for selecting your next information archiving solution.
The report compares 12 different vendors that all offer capabilities within the information archiving space. The report positions vendors based on their functionality and strategic vision.
We’ll get to the results of the report in a bit. But first,
What is Information Archiving?
At its core, today’s information archiving involves keeping data around to use later.
There is a multitude of reasons for an organization to keep its data for future use. Some of those uses include litigation, regulatory compliance laws, and the ability to leverage insights from past information. Information archiving has evolved from a defensive strategy to include offensive tactics in the race for a competitive advantage.
If you aren’t using information archiving to strategically move your business forward, you are missing out on opportunities your competitors are already capitalizing on. Information archiving can be used, along with machine learning, to make future predictions based on data collected in the past to be proactive and gain a competitive advantage.
Understanding information archiving is an essential first step in using it for strategic insight. Understanding the players in the market, their unique offerings, and which capabilities are vital for your unique information archiving strategy is the next step. Let’s look at what the report says.
What the Report Says
Radicati looked at information archiving solutions that, “provide interactive, secure long-term storage of electronic business content, including: email, instant messages, social media, file systems, SharePoint content, and a broad range of other structured and unstructured information.”
Information archiving solutions can be deployed for any number of reasons, including:
- Compliance with regulatory requirements
- Internal corporate policies
- Leveraging information through content analytics
- Data and information security
The vendors are then critiqued based on the breadth and depth of features in the solution against their strategic direction, comprising an understanding of customer needs, ability to deliver through appropriate pricing, reliable customer support, and continued innovation.
Radicati places Retain Unified Archiving by Micro Focus in the ‘Specialists’ category. Specialists in this sense are, “Established vendors that offer very good solutions for their customer base, and have a loyal customer base that is totally satisfied with the functionality they are deploying.”
As a comprehensive information archiving solution, Micro Focus offers Retain Unified Archiving, a single, unified business communications archive. Retain is a unified archive for all business communication, including email, social media, and mobile communication data for case assessment, search, and eDiscovery. It can be deployed on-premises or in the cloud. Retain enables organizations to quickly access, search, and audit archived communication data to easily place litigation holds, print, forward, save, redact, and export message data.
With Retain, your organization will be ‘specially’ equipped for:
- Policy Management – Retain policies are audited for security purposes and complete audit logs are kept for actions in the archive. You can fully customize and automate these policies, so the message retention length and type of message to be archived are up to you.
- Regulatory Compliance – Retain supports WORM compliance. Additionally, you can encrypt data in flight with SSL, and message body data supports AES-256 encryption.
- eDiscovery – eDiscovery capabilities support searching across content types, even those outside the archive. You can place litigation holds, print, forward, save redact, strikeout, and export message data.
- Access – Retain’s archiving is achieved with an email to a specific folder or by assigning a category to relevant messages. Additionally, Retain has plugins for GroupWise and Outlook with a web-based interface, an offline viewer, and a mobile app for archive access.
- Reporting – Retain boasts a comprehensive reporting and monitoring module in which you can run reports for auditing, archive job status, archive storage status, index status, general server statistics, and more.
Radicati recognized Retain for the following strengths:
- Retain supports a wide range of enterprise content sources, including email, IM, voice recordings, images, files, mobile, and more.
- A broad range of email platforms are supported, including Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office 365, Google G Suite, and others.
- The administrative and compliance interface is easy to use, making it accessible to any named users of the archive.
- Maintain oversight and auditing trails while archiving and monitoring mobile communication.
- Easily place litigation holds, print, forward, save, redact, strikeout, and export message data with eDiscovery tools and a handy mobile app.
If you have yet to implement an information archiving strategy, you should start now. Or, if you haven’t reassessed your current solution to make sure you’re getting the most out of your archived data, you should start now. Find out what a ‘Specialist’ can do for your information archiving efforts.
Want to see Retain in action? Request a demo today.
Read the full report.
Learn more about information archiving.
Learn more about Retain Unified Archiving.
We’d love to hear your thoughts on this blog. Comment below.
The Micro Focus IM&G team
Know your data | empower your people | drive your future