The Micro Focus Unified Endpoint Management and Protection team is pleased to announce the release of ZENworks 2020 Update 2. This includes updates to the following capabilities:
- Endpoint Device Management provided by ZENworks Configuration Management
- Endpoint Software Patch Management provided by ZENworks Patch Management
- Endpoint Security Management provided by ZENworks Endpoint Security Management
- Endpoint Full Disk Encryption provided by ZENworks Full Disk Encryption
- Software Asset Management provided by ZENworks Asset Management
- Endpoint Analytics provided by ZENworks Reporting
ZENworks 2020 Update 2 consists of significant new features and improved value propositions including:
- Integrated endpoint virus and malware protection. ZENworks Endpoint Security Management now integrates anti-virus / anti-malware to protect your Windows endpoint devices and servers from common malware such as viruses, rootkits, ransomware, trojans, and more. The integrated malware protection solution allows you to manage virus protection policies and exceptions, deliver and manage agent components, and monitor the malware status of your Windows devices using new dashlets and malware details pages. Because this is part of ZENworks Endpoint Security Management, it is automatically available to Endpoint Security Management, Open Workgroup Suite, and ZENworks Suite customers without additional cost.
- Modern management of Windows 10 endpoint devices. Endpoint Device Management now includes the ability to enroll the modern device management agent that is included as part of Windows 10, allowing you to deliver Windows 10 policies and MSI deployments without the need to install the ZENworks Adaptive Agent. With support for Windows AutoPilot, it is easier than ever to manage Windows devices.
- Remote session recording. ZENworks 2020 Configuration Management Update 2 also introduces the experimental ability to record remote control sessions that can be used to audit session proceedings or create short how-tos.
- Android device assigned applications. Endpoint Device Management now allows you to assign applications to Android endpoint devices, in addition to the user.
Additionally, there are some key behind-the-scenes changes that are happening that you should know about and take advantage of:
- Device management security enhancements. Unified Endpoint Management helps you manage, secure, protect and analyze your endpoint devices. It is critical that all of this is done in a secure way. ZENworks 2020 Update 2 features new settings that further enhance the security of the system. This includes new capabilities to improve content distribution and collection data protection by using TLS to secure the transmission of data, new authentication capabilities, changes to the device registration process, and more. These new capabilities can be enabled once all devices that use a given server have been updated to the Update 2 version of the agent. See the online documentation for more details on how to enable these capabilities.
- Starting the journey to the cloud. While the ZENworks 2020 Update 2 version does not yet provide a cloud-specific offering, it does start to make architectural changes that will allow this as we move forward. ZENworks 2020 Update 2 includes changes that begin to shift ZENworks to a microservices-based architecture. For Linux and the Appliance, this means that you will notice the requirement for / inclusion of docker to host these microservices. On Windows, you’ll notice a new structure that similarly allows us to bring many of the same benefits across all the platforms. We expect that as we move forward this will improve agility, shorten upgrade times, and provide a more consistent platform across the supported environments, positioning ZENworks for cloud deployment.
- Easier migration to an appliance. If you’ve ever considered moving from a native Windows or Linux server to the ZENworks Appliance, it has never been easier than in ZENworks 2020 Update 2. New tooling allows you to easily back up the identity and configuration of your existing primary server and then restore that configuration on an appliance.
- Service Desk entitlement for ZENworks Asset Management customers. ZENworks Asset Management customers that run Update 2 are now entitled to a 2-technician subscription of ZENworks Service Desk. This allows you to leverage the powerful configuration management database and configuration item workflow capabilities and the ZENworks integration capabilities to extend your asset management beyond just software.
These are highlights of the release, but you’ll find other minor capabilities and improvements across the portfolio. We hope that as you deploy the new ZENworks 2020 Update 2 release you’ll find many of these capabilities that help you improve your endpoint management system. Be on the lookout for future blogs that dive deeper into the Update 2 capabilities.